Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: The Rooze

Hey Satie,

All good questions.

I have only tried this in the current room. I have a graph from the sideways setup and basically just turn the speakers so the edges are to the listener.

The speakers were about 1ft from the sidewalls in the sideways setup. I just turned them so the edges were all I could see. DISREGARD that stuff in the corners (21" from sidewall and 13x16) since that was there to figure out where the subs would go. They ended up below the mags and sound great there.

You see that this is a tough room with the bed and the closet and 2 doors. So I dont have a ton of options to try to answer your questions. The sideways setup is awesome and allows me to make this room work...the Rooze does too and I will use it because it fixes one thing.

In the sideways setup, and I might add in the conventional setups too the sound stage had a bit of a "n" shape with the left and right sounds being a bit forward in relation to the center image. A boomerang basically for Andyr if he is around. It was slight but noticeable. The rooze is better in that regard.

Also the pole pieces are angled into the front wall and the mylar side is aimed at the sidewalls.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The Rooze - Dawnrazor 09:58:16 09/29/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.