Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Some tips

Thanks to Waz and Jben, one commenting on their anal retentiveness, and the other one on his sore hands, I tried cutting the cascade with a box cutter.

This was much easier and more precise than the scissors and produced strips that were more uniform and flat.

Start with the tweeter cuts when doing the full razor as they are the hardest to get right.

I have old school tile countertops with grout and found that the indentation of the grout line was perfect for getting a straight cut through the cascade damping sheets. I suppose something like a metal ruler would work as well.

Another tip is to start on the side that doesnt have the extra aluminum foil that is lacking adhesive. Then use the side without adhesive to pull off the tiny strips.

Do be careful when using a sharp instrument like a box cutter.

Another tip when doing the full razor is to have a light on the mylar side as this makes it much easier to know if you are covering the breathing holes on the pole piece side.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Some tips - Dawnrazor 14:34:25 07/09/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.