Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: H-D ...

One thing I even have to remind myself of, is that my cabling and PC choices, combined with some other very minor tweaks, give me what I hear described by other Maggie owners who have had mods and or purchased stands to try and obtain.

All conjecture on your part. I've heard 1.6's and 3.6's both ways and Mye stands allow you to hear through the music better. The bass is better, tighter and deeper, certainly not anemic, the midrange is clearer and the soundstage is more realistic. Altogether a more expressive listening experience, I've never regretted the purchase, If you actually have heard modded and well setup speakers and still prefer what you have, than at least that's a decision you've made based on experience and preference. However, your assumption that you can get without mods what others get with them, based only on the words people use to describe what they hear, is IMHO only wishful thinking.

By the way, I attend an average of 50 live concerts a year, just about every week. They include classical, jazz, folk and some rock, Except for the dynamics that no home system can match, with good recordings what I experience at home often comes very close to the live experience.

Maggies, because you can never be too thin!

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: H-D ... - MaggieLover 11:51:59 02/26/10 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.