Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Healthcare and warfare, huh?

"Totally irrelevant; one pays their good money for a given product and is entitled to receive such product in perfect undamaged condition; otherwise the transaction is flawed (as are the speakers themselves)."

It was said in jest to point out that getting Magnepan to replace the speakers and ship them for free was as likely to happen as free healthcare and world peace. I have NO political agenda here. At best Magnepan will probably suggest either returning them to the dealer or direct to Magnepan at the owners expense. This is what about 95% or more of companies do when problems exist even as a result of manufacturers defects.

As to your assertion of a flawed transaction when receiving damaged or flawed goods, you're 100% correct. Unfortunately, receiving an item in less than perfect condition these days seems to be extremely common. The manufacture and delivery of flawed or cheapened goods are a reality in a world where large numbers of units of inexpensive goods are demanded by a public willing to either accept or overlook flaws as inevitable.

Whenever I buy household electronics such as broilers or toasters or coffee brewers, I'm always amazed by the number of minor and not so minor flaws that get past their quality control before being shipped. Its also amazing how many "respected" brands do not function as well as you would expect or fail because of some overly thin $.02 piece of plastic. Its an epidemic. As an example, a large number of Frigidaire refrigerators from the 1950's were working well 20, 30, or 40 years later. Some are still working today, but most recent models are not expected to have a life of more than 10-12 years.

I'm sure that for $3500, Magnepan could deliver a pair of 1.6's that would have all the quality anyone on this site would desire, and it would probably still be good value for money. But most current owners would not buy themat that price. The beauty of Magnepan is that they can provide the level of sound they do at the current price points, the occasional flaws aside.

Maggies, because you can never be too thin!

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Healthcare and warfare, huh? - MaggieLover 11:52:42 02/24/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.