Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Correct!

Certainly agree! Cheap manufacture in itself is certainly not a crime if it meets the design objectives, is reliable, and allow the manufacturer to save money on construction. If part of those savings are passed on to the customers, as Magnepan seems to do, all the better. But when quality and reliability suffer from poor design or manufacture, as customers we all have a right to be disappointed, complain, fix the problems ourselves if necessary, and ultimately spend our money elsewhere if we so choose.

I'm reminded of a number of posts I've read in the asylum and elsewhere over the years by former Maggie owners complaining of terrible sound and high distortion. They thought Maggies were junk and could not understand how they were so highly rated. At the time, I did not know what to make of it. I guessed that not everyone was a Magnepan type of guy (or gal). But now I'm thinking that perhaps some just had defective speakers. Its not a stretch!

Maggies, because you can never be too thin!

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Correct! - MaggieLover 06:13:36 02/24/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.