Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

There's a lot of justified griping, but Elizabeth did you

ask the dealer and/or the folks at Maggieland what their policy is on this?
And what they would do for this?

I'm just asking because I didn't see that posted in this thread.
I can also understand your reluctance to ship them off for something you believe you can fix yourself. (I personally might not do it myself because I'm too lazy to take off all those staples I've heard so much about)

Now there is no excuse for poor quality control and PG is in a position to have seen the evidence of the lack therof. But here is just something ELSE to consider though...

I don't have a clue how many speakers Magnepan puts out a year, and, with all due respect PG, it would seem the most speakers you could get done in a year is what, 52?
And yes, I think the odds are you are going to hear more from people with things wrong with their speakers or people with old or second hand speakers.
And it seems the number of people posting here isn't THAT large either, and maybe only a dozen or so consistently?
All I'm saying is that maybe we don't really have enough of a sample base to say how many of the speakers are built that badly.
I've seen $100,000 Porsches with carpet that didn't reach where it was supposed to. Brand new Ferraris that the shift knob came off. (and worse too)

Now back when Wendell did post here, I did speak with him and I posted what I got from our conversation back then.
However, I've had another talk or two with him since and the impression I get is that he sees this forum for tweakers and modifiers, not their "general customer".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.