Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Interesting...

I work for a piece of what was the Bell System. Formerly there wasn't much latitude given to not doing it right. As a manager, I've studied the theories you reference. Nice post by the way.

But I think that QC for a small manufacturer is not the same as for a nationwide (or at least regional) federally regulated company. If I screw up too much the Feds are on my back like white on rice.

If Magnepan screws up what are the consequences? Almost zip. Of course people have been pointing out for years here that "you get what you pay for", almost everyone who has taken one apart can describe their choice of materials and maybe their apparent QC level.

But they aren't horribly bad at what they do. I'm enjoying my 1.6s right now. Does Magnepan need better QC? Yes, no question about it.

Are we likely to get it? Obviously talking in here about it for years has had no effect.

What is their warranty return rate? Probably pretty low but we'll never know. I'd be willing to guess that very few of their customers check things like ribbon screw tightness as Elizabeth did.

In the old Bell System we did check that kind of thing, and we still do. But we have the resources to do it. But If I were a line supervisor at Magnepan I would have been fired for allowing those speakers to get out the door.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.