Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Some ideas.

Experiment with small area treatments located where you would see your image if the wall were covered with mirrors. Too much area or too much absorption will detract from the dipole behavior, so start with a folded blanket covering a couple of square feet. Wool would be the blanket material of choice, since synthetic fibers have strong acoustic tonal colorations.

Glass is a problem in a listening room. Try rapping the pane with a knuckle and listen to the response. Realize that the glass is adding some of this response tonality to the reflected sound from your speakers.

There are expensive devices to treat glass panes, but a cheap way to experiment is with gel decorations. These cling to glass without adhesive and come off easily. They are in stores now for holiday decoration purposes. Try different sizes and shapes and in different locations on the glass. I would put them near the corners and at the major nodal points on the major axes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Some ideas. - Al Sekela 12:21:39 11/26/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.