Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Front wall room treatment for dipoles, Maggies, others

I'm sure I'll hear the speaker anyway. That test doesn't make any sense to me. I can hear my speakers outside the room so I'll hear them standing on the side wall. The designer of my speakers, which are planar magnetic, stated that there is very little dispersion or radiation to the side walls. He said they radiate more vertically, and it is more important to treat the reflection off the ceiling.

However I do have some furniture along the side walls and that is a bit of an acoustic concern but I can't do much about it. If I could, I would put some absorption up for sure because every bit of acoustics improvement is worth going for.

Thanks for the tip on the bubble wrap, but the acoustic guys would probably say it isn't much of a diffuser. If you haven't seen this video, grab some good headphones and check it out. It does a good job of letting you hear how bad a bare wall is for diffusion, how a bookshelf isn't very good either, and also shows how a couple of real diffusers sound too.

http://www.realtraps.com/video_diffusors.htm

Bryan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Front wall room treatment for dipoles, Maggies, others - bryan 19:26:24 11/25/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.