Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

I didn't mean to sound defensive

I certainly don't make the 'rules'; I was just reporting my impression based on my understanding of them. For whatever reason, modern design and high end seem to usually converge (at least in the world of speakers (and turntables)).

That angled side and the expanding trim are two of the components I had in mind when I suggested that this build had to be more complex than the standard one. In any case, I wouldn't pronounce a death sentence for the standard design simply because of the reaction to this one. I'd be proud to own either design (though, not quite as proud as I am to own something I cooked up myself - warts and all), and I'm sure the general public is divided in its preference. As someone mentioned, there are advantages to the rectangle - one can place them tweeters in or out for one.

I'm sorry to read about the problems you had with this build and the sour taste in left in your mouth, but I'm happy to see that it all came out right in the end.

"Jazz is not dead - it just smells funny" FZ

Edits: 01/06/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I didn't mean to sound defensive - wazoo 18:38:03 01/05/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.