Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Magnepan, Epson, Carada and Emotiva - My Pics

Hello,
I've just recently finished my Theater room so I thought I'd share some pics and see what you thought.

Basics are:
Magnepan MC1 x 4 and MMG-W x2
Emotiva XPA-5 Amp
AV123 Sub
Carada 104" 16x9 Screen
Epson 1080Ub

I am fully loving everything about the room and am so glad to have Maggies in my life again:). I had some MMG's a while ago and have been a believer every since.

These MC1's are even better and now instead of trying to push them with a Reciever like I was with the MMG's, the XPA-5 can do 350w/ch @ 4 ohm, so its nice to finally have some head room for these speakers. I didn't want to believe how much difference this was going to make. Dynamics are the easiest hear. Things just sound a whole lot less compressed. A piano note "bang" really hits you like it does in real life.

Also, I've been really happy with the way Movies work in this room, I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but its beautiful!

The one thing I did have to tune a bit was the sub. The AV123 was rather "house" tuned in my room. So I actually bought a parametic eq for that channel and have been very happy with the results so far. I still haven't run the room tuning software on it yet, but I'm fairly confident any problems will be solvable.

Thanks,
james

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Magnepan, Epson, Carada and Emotiva - My Pics - jackley@exackley.com 10:12:58 12/11/08 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.