Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: What about Velcro?

I don't think that's possible. We're dealing with a fabric that stretches and it's impossible to predict how it will need to be drawn taught to look right, so how could one possibly know where to apply said velcro? Also, how would you attach the velcro, sew it? (NO thanks :^ ) Glue it? (it wouldn't hold)

And don't forget, getting a nice seamless fit of the panel against the wood frame is the most essential part of it sounding it's best. A wad of velcro in there is not helping that.

I agree it's a nightmare, and it was actually the biggest dilemma of the entire job. I have been encouraged by the response today and when I have time I will repost my deleted post with even more detailed info on what I did and how the rest of you may duplicate it. I will say now the biggest problem with the fabric is the damn steel bracing bars they stick on the front of the maggie drivers. They effect EVERYTHING and are the biggest PITA in regards to the wood frame as well.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: What about Velcro? - Peter Gunn 19:51:13 04/26/07 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.