Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Here's another fine example of *sharing*!

Lets not take the plaudits too far, my head will swell... :^ ) (but I do appreciate it)

Not all wood shows the effects of them. Oak for example generally does nothing but deteriorate. Maple and birches can get dark brown streaks, but they can also become what is called "spalted" which is a condition similar to the oak and in this case they get a greyish streaking.

In the past no cabinetmaker worth his salt would ever consider using such wood. In todays world with lumber at a premium nothing goes to waste, and high end cabinetmakers started selling "spalted" wood like it was special like figured wood, when in reality it's wood with one foot in the grave :^ )

Poplar is actually interesting as it can be found naturally streaked with hues of green and purple, which contrast sharply with it's natural bone white color. I don't know why it gets ignored so much, and it's about the cheapest hardwood one can get. (works very nicely too, the only drawback being it's fuzzy nature which requires extra sanding)

I'm glad you liked the boxes. How many ways could one build them? Well, we're only limited to the imagination of man, or in this case one middle aged Polak. :^ ) The only sad part is in general use they never get seen. Maybe I should reverse the stands and put them in front :^ )

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Here's another fine example of *sharing*! - Peter Gunn 19:20:23 04/26/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.