Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

STACKED QUAD 57's / Speaker Jumper Cable advice needed.

Hi Everyone,

I am going to try new speaker cables for my stacked Quads (Speltz anti-cables just to try them out because it is a "relatively" inexpensive experiment given my set-up and the "overall" comments on these are quite positive across a broad range of speakers.)

I am wondering whether I should get one set of dedicated 31" jumper cables to go between the speakers. I have seen in the past a banana plug that has the option of plugging in another banana in the rear. So I can plug my speaker cables into the top speakers (as if I was running a single pair)and then plug the jumper cables into the back of the banana plug and run them down to the bottom speakers

Should I do this, or should I have the whole thing custom made so that the cables are terminated together at the top speaker with the jumper cables essentially permanently attached and dangling down to the bottom speaker.

Sorry if this is confusing. In essence I am asking should I have I have a seperate speaker cable that I can ATTACH to my jumper cable or should I try to do it all as one piece. Do you think it would degrade the sound to have the extra connection? (by plugging the jumper into the actual speaker cable rather than having them connected together as "one" connection? (Those of you with stacked quads probably already know exactly what I am talking about!)

BTW....my current set up is all one piece, but I have never tried it any other way and was just wondering. It would be MUCH easier for me to sell off the cables after this experiment if they are not some kind of "custom" job or have to deal with having them reterminated.

Also, does anyone know where the best place to source Banana plugs for this application and any recommendations for brand/price. (Paul will apparently use whatever you send him.)

Thanks for any and all comments!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - STACKED QUAD 57's / Speaker Jumper Cable advice needed. - waldenpuddle 10:09:03 04/24/07 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.