Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Nothing new but a different look

"A suggestion, you'd make it look a lot better by making wood frames, stretching white fabric over them, and putting them over the tiles. Given the number of tiles, it would take a while, but it would really dress things up." - First I'm not sure what you mean, and second wouldn't this be a redundant treatment? And as a redundant treatment it would not diffuse the same way the tiles would so it would be innefective. Also, you really are getting a poor impression of the overall scope. Those pics make the ceiling look very high. It is not. The cross beams are only 72 inches above the floor (I'm 6 foot and just fit under them standing, my friend is 6' 3" and has to stoop when in the room) It's much smaller looking and "cozy" in person and the amount of tiles are not so obvious.

"Also, the bright blue and wood don't go well (subjective, depends on what you like). A more neutral light tan would look nice." - Obviously I can't change the wood color, and I did actually order tan tiles first when I did this only the color was atrocious in person and I had to send them back and use blue for the whole thing. It really didn't work. It was the old case of making due with what was available.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.