Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Mart - How about this ? A "Maggie Home Demo Program" ?

Mart - How about this ? - What if you posted in the MUG tweaks section a list of first names, location area, Maggie model number and Email addresses of people who wouldn't mind giving a demo of their Magnepan speaker? That way a prospective buyer or maybe someone who would just like to hear the "Magnepan type sound" could contact the person by Email and maybe set up a time to come over and listen. I know that Tyler Acoustics, which sells their speakers by internet only, does exactly that. They call it their "Home Demo Program" at >> http://www.tyleracoustics.com/home_demo.html

Maybe you could call it the Maggie Home Demo Program. There are probably many potential owners of Magnepan speakers that would feel uncomfortable going into an "Audio Salon" and listening but would feel more at ease listening in a home environment and getting some truthful input from someone who actually owns the speakers. Personally, I live in central New England, and wouldn't mind giving a demo of my 3.6R's to someone in the New York/New England area who is interested. I have also owned and have experience with the sound of MMG's and 1.6 QR's. Maybe some of the other inmates could chime in here with comments about the usefulness of such a program ?

Bob

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Mart - How about this ? A "Maggie Home Demo Program" ? - Bob01605 13:50:58 11/30/06 (17)

You can not post to an archived thread.