Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: It's funny

You can run them flat up against a wall and they'll work. I'm also sure that people who use MG 1.6s in 10x13 rooms are getting great pleasure from them.

My point was only that with approrpiate placement (depending on room size and shape) is one likely to reap all the sonic benefits Maggies can provide including stronger bass and a wider, deeper, more holographic soundstage.

IMHO, when Maggies are too close to rear and side walls, the bass may suffer and first reflections may limit the sound stage depth, often significantly. I find it hard to see how large Maggies can perform at their best in small rooms, i.e 10x13. I'm guessing the results may be quite pleasant, but not the best theae speakers are capable of. Their owners may not even realize what these speakers are capable of in a larger space.

In my case, I wish my main listening room was 2-3 feet wider which would allow me to increase the distance from the side walls. The Cardas setup formulas for panels indicates the rear wall should be around 5 feet behind the speakers. That's hard to do in a room only 13 feet long.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: It's funny - MaggieLover 20:23:39 11/26/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.