Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Questions...

IME, tube preamp really makes the ML shine. I was using a Supratek Chenin (up to now with different speakers) and was very happy during that time. ARC LS 16 also works well.

The REL to me was never musical. It took me two months (or maybe three?) before I quit on them. I can't seem to dial them properly no matter what I do and where I placed them in the room. The Vandersteens sounds very different from the bass section of the ML. In this case, it stands out like a sore thumb. I guess if one goes active on the XO, it will be easier to get a seamless integration or close to it. But you and I know that with the Ascnts, you cannot do it because of the audio transformer.

In the end, I researched and made my own sub with the box very close to the volume that was used in the ML. Adire Audio during that time have drivers with the correct parameters (Qts, etc.)that will work well with the volume of the enclosure and the design for a solid cabinet construction. I made it and I was content with the result until I sold the Ascents and move on to different speakers. In fact, the subs (two) that I built was bought from me by a fellow who have the CLSII.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.