Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

My 92" screen ...

is retractable and lowers only 1 inch off the front wall (Long wall of my 23x18.5x11.5 peaked room). My 20.1s flank the sides of the screen on this long wall - but they sit almost exactly at cardas position for 2 ch listening (don't use the screen to position the speakers). The 20.1s are nearly 5 feet from front wall and tweeters are in. Excellent phantom center as long as you sit between the tweeters (I don't remember exactly, but I think 10'4" apart from center of each base panel to other - plenty room for me, wife and 3 kids)

I had my 3.6s in similar position except about 6 inches closer to front wall -- just as good !!

Also - do not run them in stereo mode. Use surround with phantom center mode if you have it -- or often you can preset that you do not have a center channel and the fronts get thier portion of signal plus center info. I run all 4 speakers full range (20.1s & 1.6s) and supplement base at 50 hz with a Velodyne HSG-15. I use the decoding for DTS and DD from my Arcam DV27A directly and feed it to multich analog preamp - Bel Canto Pre6.

My vocals sound like they are coming right off the screen - very convincing with great imaging.

Where are the speakers in relation to your screen ????
Did you plop the Maggies down right where the boxes were ???? If so, find the right Maggie location.
Aslo try different signal inputs/decoding as above.

Good Luck !!

AL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • My 92" screen ... - Dr.Jazz 17:08:20 11/17/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.