Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Amplifier Question

I would doubt that the amp is the problem if the MF A308 integrated is voiced similar to the MF TriVista Integrated. I used this more powerful integrated (350w/8ohm, 600w/4) with my 3.6s when I first got them. Though I do not have it now, it was the best sounding amp with my 3.6s over Mac 402s (800w/4) and Cal Audio 2500 (1000w/4). I was very smooth and transparent with great soundstaging, strong bass and well balanced.

Now whether it has enough juice is a different question. If you have a large room and like to listen loud (90 dbls or little more) then it is probably not enough power. I like to listen loud and I have a pretty big room 23 x 18.5 x 11.5 peaked ceiling. I blew a few fuses till I learned the limit of the amp and speakers. Ultimately I listened right at the threshold of its limits so I moved up to more juice.

One issue with MF Trivista that was annoying - is apparently inherent to all Trivista's per one of their dealers -- the IR sensor on amp is too deep and it has significant trouble getting the signal from the remote, you have to be dead on center and even then has issues at times - very annoying for the price of the unit !! Otherwise a great unit -- sound and looks !!

I would look at your room and source as reasons for the brightness before you start changing the amp -- it should be a good one.

AL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Amplifier Question - Dr.Jazz 07:37:39 11/12/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.