Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Some options I would look at...

I am not sure if you need a small footprint or standmount (I assume the latter). Some options I would look at:

o get some of those basketball backboard winches high schools have... and winch the 2.6's up and down as you need them.
o Quad 12L's. Very cheap. Sound great. Beautiful cosmetics. I play mine at modest levels, and they sound wonderful. Not sure if you like it loud though.
o If you like it loud, mod'ed Klipsch Heresy's. Don't laugh. Get a woodworker to build custom cabinets, redo the crossover, and rawk out. These things have their flaws, but they are fun! Apparently the Heresy III is excellent (only heard the I and II). They will also give you something the maggies never had: dynamics (no flames please :-).

If you do not need a standmount, some of the smaller Innersound and Newforms may work. Personally, I was not a fan of the Newforms, but people I respect like 'em, and the footprint may work for you.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Some options I would look at... - mdl 10:39:36 10/25/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.