Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Eminent Technology LFT 8A's are Finally Home

Well they did make it to my door about 1 1/2 weeks ago and I havn't been home most of that time and will be back home tomorrow.
I did the Brokerage into Canada myself but had UPS deliever them to the door.
I mst say they are a nice looking speaker and take less room than the Maggies, which is good for my smaller room.
There was a little damage as the dome on one woofer is a little pushed in but hasn't affected performace that I can tell and the little trim piece of walnut at the very top going from one side rail to the other is a little crushed at the end.
Bruce at Eminent Technology has a replacment woofer and trim piece on the way as we speak. ( Great Custmer service I must say from Bruce with my other emails and questions as well)

I set them up pretty close to where my Maggies were at first on the short wall then played with toe in a bit to get better imaging.

I will be moving them to the long wall this week as I am sure I will be able to get a better soundstage there, although the tenent in the next apt. might disagree!

Right now I am using a Class A S/S amp at 78 watts, I should be finished upgrading my other amp in a week or 2 and then I'll use that for a couple of weeks. Then I will go to 2 amps with an active X-over after that.

This speakers are Keepers!! I really like the sound I'm getting and even though they are playing Music while I'm not there they is still much breakin to do. They are very detailed and fast really fast (it was almost like I got punched from a Heavy weight,but this time I smiled, it hit my whole body).
I gave up on a sub for my Maggies so the Bass is very welcomed now and fills my room with no problems and seems to be a seemless flow into the midrange.

I plan on doing a review later so I should listen more and work on my placement before I do that.

Just wanted to let others know how things are going.
Just one more thing before I go, My hats off to Larry at Hollywood Sound, he's Tops in my book.

Ken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Eminent Technology LFT 8A's are Finally Home - benie 20:59:20 10/22/06 (10)

You can not post to an archived thread.