Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

10.1's....

In the summer of 1998, I had begun heavily reading an audio forum (I can't remember the name). But things had started going downhill there and many forum members were jumping and ship and joining some other forum. A couple of these members told me that I should check out this new forum called Audio Asylum. So I did and have read it off and on since then.

Anyway, my point is that after reading Audio Asylum for a while, I started reading more and more about Magnepans and how people really liked them. I looked around for a dealer and found one within 4 miles of my apartment at that time. I began my audiophile system at that time with the purchase of the Maggie 10.1 QR speakers. To go with those speakers I bought Rotel separate components. My system is far from being high end but to me it was amazingly great to the bose speakers I had before. To make a long story short, I still have that 10.1 + Rotel system as my main system and haven't really felt any need to upgrade.

I did however, get a second system consisting of a turntable, tube headphone amp, and upper range Sennheiser headphones. As much as I love this system, I still spend a significant amount of time listening to my modest Maggie system. Just goes to show that you really don't have to spend an arm and a leg to buy a great system.

I'm sure you'll have many years of enjoyment from your system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • 10.1's.... - golgi 17:53:06 10/18/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.