Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Reminds me of Turgenevs 'Fathers & Sons'

This whole class vs nihilism thing in audio is getting tiring already. If a Behringer amp is all you can afford now you don't need to apologise to anyone. I think the vast majority of us started out with gear like that. I had an Adcom GFA555 amp and thought it RULED at the time. Sure, it was a piece of crap, and I did eventually discover that later but until I did discover it as they say, the earth was still flat. But I didn't care, I WAS HAPPY, and that is what enjoying music is supposed to be about. It was MY first big amp in MY first stereo of my OWN and I LOVED IT. I might even have been generally happier and enjoyed music more than I do now.

The point is, would you like to travel by Greyhound bus with crying babies and dirty white trash families? If you could bring back Thomas Jefferson he'd be THRILLED to do so, he'd find the whole thing so amazing and beyond his imagination he would be transixed by it, and since he would never have driven his own Porsche he wouldn't know what he was missing. You know, you don't mind coach until you fly first class, and you can't miss what you never experienced.

The fact is maggies, unlike many high end speakers, will accomodate lesser equipment happily, but they can also take it up to the next level if you so choose and in fact their ceiling may yet to have been properly defined. So depending on ones tastes, knowledge, desires and income we can be all over the board as magnepan owners, and we can all be equally happy. YES, some people here are snobs, but most are just so thrilled at what upgrading did for them they want to share the love.

So there is no need to brag, or apologise. What does Red Green say, "I'm pullin for ya, we're all in the same boat here. Don't forget to keep your stick on the ice."

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Reminds me of Turgenevs 'Fathers & Sons' - Peter Gunn 09:42:43 10/15/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.