Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

I'm going to listen to them now...

Today was spent renewing the looks of the speakers: stands repainted, crossovers cleaned and wood nicks repaired (crossovers only none in the speakers), ALL terminals cleaned with DeOxit, fabric vacuumed (tweeter covers in place and no close vacuuming there), speaker wire washed, trimmed and terminals installed, side panels tightened. I couldn't wait to hear them some more. Tonight is gonna be fun.

So I think I have a near perfect pair including all the changes due to the later serial number, with boxes, no owner's manual (use the on-line one), no allen wrench (in the garage) and no bolts for the stands. I had 8 that fit but are 1/4" too short that work which will be replaced. Oh, two of the pipe caps on the stands are a little messed up. Glad they are on the back.

I'll worry about the wires coming unglued as the noise arises. It will make a nice winter project, if necessary.

After learning what these sound like, upgrades will be considered and undertaken.

I have an idea about the glue for the wires, possible using and SBR glue such as Seals All, Alene's Tacky glue or E6000 (thin, medium and thick). Has anyone tried any of these? I'll post this as a new thread after a search reveals no discussion for more eyes to see.

Thanks all for the info on the upgrades and such.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I'm going to listen to them now... - kff 13:44:09 10/12/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.