Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

And We Both Found Out By Accident

Not only do I agree with what you said, I think a lot of it has to do with size. They do everything right and on top of that size wise are not too big or too small, but the proverbial "just right". When you solve some of there inherent problems like I did with my stand and C/O mods there was no point buying any other model. They're not just musical, but intimate.

A friend who recently owned 3.6's came up the other weekend to hear them and agreed they were much more enjoyable than his 3.6's ever were, and he thought the bass was better as well.

I did modify my friends MG-I along the same line as SMGa's and while it made them sound far more alike the size difference still effects the outcome. His MG-I's were "grander" while losing a little musicality, an apples or oranges difference but it showed promise.

People have been asking so I'll use this time to make an announcement. My "site" is a little late (owing to the fact people keep buying my speakers and asking for work before I get the chance to go public) but it will go live this month and I'll be calling my modifications Magnestands. The design is now tweaked to perfection and ready to go.

Right now I am finishing a pair for someone and when he gets them he is going to ship me his 1.6's. I am going to try to remake them in the image of the smg as well because so many people have asked about that too already. If it goes good it will get added to the models I can mod. When it happens I will announce it here.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.