Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

Counsel needed for OT for 4p1l line stage

Kevin,

I have been following Moglia's schematic for a 4p1l line stage. He is using the LUNDAHL LL1660.

I see you are using the LL1692A. You are too familiar with my limitations when it comes to transformers and how to decide which one to use. I need your guidance.

Moglia has found the tube sounds best run with 40 mA of current. I guess one can choose from various 1660s based on power. I would not know what to ask for!

Seeing that you are using the LL1692A makes me think I should pay attention to what you have chosen.

Would this transformer survive the same amount of power as the model of LL1660 used by Moglia? (hoping you know which one or you can guess which one)

What is the essential difference between the two? I would guess gain? Could I get around 6 dB of gain with either one of these? This line stage will only be used below 500 Hz so low frequency performance would be more important than going into the stratosphere.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am curious why you did not use the LL1683 in your prototype? I plan on using one in mine though I wonder if one would be sufficient for two channels? Your opinion please.

Take care,

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Counsel needed for OT for 4p1l line stage - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 14:11:35 09/05/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.