Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

4P1L line stage 2nd prototype

Here is a photo of the second prototype. Across the front you can see the filament supply components. The large heat sink accommodates the Coleman current regulators for the filaments. The raw power supply sits just to the right, one channel's supply stacked on the other, and a pair of rigged PC mount filament transformers in the right front corner. The high voltage supply is fed by an R-core transformer and Triad choke (choke loading), raw supply and time delay, then shunt regulator. The 4P1Ls are each on a PC board with integral socket (using Mill-Max pin sockets) and the 13R cathode resistor (with filament current passing through it) on the heat sink. This board is not mechanically decoupled, but could easily be arranged that way with EAR-type stand-offs to minimize chassis-borne microphonics. Finally, the plate load transformers, which are Lundahl LL1692A/18mA.

This layout is probably not optimum, but it does illustrate the real estate necessary to get the job done at this level of performance. In the near future I will be be redesigning the raw filament supply and getting some beta boards for the circuitry together for a few of you to try.

Kevin Carter
K&K Audio
www.kandkaudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.