Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

Lundahl LL1527/1540 wiring advice

Hi all,

I hope anyone can help me out with the following:

My knowledge of transformers is basic so I obtained some advice a few years ago on which transformers to use and how to wire them.

I obtained two Lundahl LL1527's to connect the balanced 100 Ohm line level stereo outputs of a pro audio interface (RME Multiface II) to a mixing console's XLR mic preamp (over a ~80 ft multicore) in a live situation.

In addition, I got two Lundahl LL1540's to connect the balanced 75 Ohm line stereo outputs of a seperate monitor mixing desk to the balanced 10 kOhm inputs on the same audio interface (IEM monitor signal).

I was also adviced to wire both transformer types according to the attached scheme and was assured that this was fine. Faraday shields (E) are only connected to the shield of the outgoing cable.

Recently I read up a bit on transformer theory and also stumbled upon the Lundahl manuals showing completely different suggestions for wiring that I don't understand, also including some resistors on the load side of the LL1540. I'm now in doubt whether the wiring scheme I was adviced is any good and if the transformer types I am using are up to the task anyway!

Any comments on whether this is a good setup would be more than welcome!

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards,

Rob

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Lundahl LL1527/1540 wiring advice - rjdekker 13:20:45 03/12/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.