Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

RE: Interstage transformer to 600R recommendation needed

Hi Kevin,
Thank you.
Actually, I wasn’t aware that the reflected impedance ratio is SQRT of the turns ration.
Thus, LL1892A Alt. Q with turns ration of 3.5:1 will reflect 600R on the secondary as 7.35K load to the tube, which isn’t bad at all.

The D3a will run at either 18mA or 22mA, with plate supply voltage is to be determined. (I will decide it, based on the final circuit bias point and plate current).

I believe that the static resistance of the primary in Alt. Q is 690R (two C windings in series). Is that correct?

What is the approximate inductance of LL1892A/18mA in Alt. Q connection and what the approximate inductance of LL1892A/22mA in Alt. Q connection?
While I’m at it, is there a way to calculate the LF attenuation, knowing the tube’s internal impedance and the primary inductance?
Alternately, how can I estimate the LF attenuation in each case?

The answer to the above question will also be part of the answer to my second question below, since I may use a preamp with 6V6 @ 22mA and not E55L @ 55mA. At the moment I’m considering both options.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.