Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

RE: Choke for Dynaco ST70 VTA

The best choke for your amplifier is the LL1638/400mA. It isn't a good idea to get close to the saturating current. A choke with higher inductance is not likely to make as big an improvement as other things that you can do. In addition, that way you can also increase the bias current for KT-88, 6550 or KT120, especially if you use a power transformer with a higher voltage and current output. In my experience, with these tubes, more bias current results in better sound. If you haven't looked at my ST-70 upgrade webpage, there is power transformer information there.

I would also be remiss if I didn't quote an e-mail I received from an ST-70 Mk II upgrade owner yesterday. He might be embarrassed about his English, but he shouldn't be as it conveys his ideas perfectly, much better than my high school German would!!

"The first is set up and plays perfectly. Exceeds all my expectations.
I do not say this much, but the Audio Research REF 150 ... Not sure yet what I do with the. Probably sell."

Kevin Carter
K&K Audio
www.kandkaudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.