Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

RAKK DAC Passive output Volume

OK, so thanks to Kevin I'm going to be utilising a RAKK DAC passive output module, complete with volume control. I have a good quality switch so I'm thinking I'll use a switched resistor arrangement for the volume control but can I just check my understanding of the arrangement. Sorry if this is basic stuff to some of you but I'm a painter by numbers, not an artist.

The volume control resistor is in parallel with the existing I/V load resistor (C1 and 2 on the Passive output PCB) so varies the output voltage by varying the overall value of the I/V load, the lower the resistance the lower the output. As such I don't require the normal shunt attenuator arrangement, just to switch through a range of resistor values? The passive output module notes refer to using a 10K potentiometer so how does a range of resistors from 50R to 10K sound? Should the increments be linear or logarithmic? Do I have that about right?

Thanks

Ray

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - RAKK DAC Passive output Volume - UK Ray 10:48:07 10/02/13 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.