Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

RE: Iron Concertina Revisited

Hi Dan,

Funny you should be proposing such a scheme I am in the process of building a 300B PP amp out of some surplus parts I had in the workshop from other projects with a very similar circuit and transformers. Whilst the “Iron Concertina” is an interesting idea I have always been of the feeling that the anode & cathode circuits have a different sonic flavour and most people prefer the anode sound, so I think I am going to use the 6EM7 in A more normal configuration with some of Kevin’s CCS under the two cathodes, the first stage with its own negative supply so that I can be direct coupled and leave the balancing to the secondary side of the 1671. The Iron Concertina as far as I am aware never seemed to catch on. Still it would be fun to build it and listen. It is not too difficult to build both and choose the best sounding option.
I love your proposed use of the Tent Labs Bias Supply what an inspired idea. I had not seen this add on before it would appear to be a great addition solving many problems at once. I am thinking of A PP GU-50 amp for my next project and will definitely be using one with A 6EM7/6GF7 driver & voltage amp stage and again with a series pass regulator similar to the 10BQ5 stabiliser you propose.
I hope that you go ahead and build this amp and share with us your findings.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Iron Concertina Revisited - Tubelcain 10:18:52 07/27/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.