Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

Outstanding New Maxxed Phono Pre

Just hooked up my newly constructed Maxxed Phono Pre, sound is truly wonderful from the first listen.

A few notes.

1) I had no difficulties building this kit as a non-EE person. I have done a few other kits (AN Kits EL34 amp, and DAC, and an EL84 SE amp from kits). You just have to be able to know what the parts are, and have a magnifying glass to read some of the semiconductors, and smaller parts.
2) I ordered the silver step up transformers, which would be difficult in other systems
3) I got the "newest" kit, with a revision 5 board. During the month that I played with the kit, Kevin worked up another upgrade, and got it to me quickly enough that I only had to remove a couple of resistors, and drill a couple of holes in the chassis to make happen. Great service from Kevin, he clearly cares about each kit. I will let him introduce this upgrade, I am sure that I don't understand it well enough to explain/discuss it.

Recommended if you want a fully integrated, flexible, terrific phono-pre, with all the bells and whistles, as simple or fancy as you want to pay for.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Outstanding New Maxxed Phono Pre - Bones13 17:22:03 05/22/13 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.