Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

Logitech Touch I2S digital output mod complete!

Well, it's finally complete and sounds great! I reorganized the RAKK dac I2S Interface Adapter Send board so nicely designed by Dave Davenport so it would fit into the Touch's tight space. With much help today from Trent Weaver, we wrestled all of the stuff in the way out of the way and installed the board. I'm listening to WCPE on internet radio right now using the modded Touch. In short form, you remove and discard the headphone jack, RCA analog output jacks, and the TOSLINK jack, drill out two PC board holes with a 0.125" (3mm) drill, and afix the I2S board as shown in the photo with a couple of plastic spacers and hardware. The wires in the picture are a bit longer than needed, but work fine. The outer case back needs to be cut out with a Dremel tool where the audio output jacks used to be so that you can plug in an HDMI cable and then the whole thing reassembled to complete the job. It's not a mod for the fainthearted, because it takes a bit of careful dental work to get the RCA jacks out without damaging the PC boards. However, it is relatively straightforward.

If there seems to be demand we can make more of these boards and sell them. It might also be possible to get an inveterate modder to take the installation task on, if you aren't fond of dentistry. But don't ask us to do yours, because we love dentists, but hate dental work! Let me know if this is of commercial interest and I'll ask around.

Kevin Carter
K&K Audio
www.kandkaudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Logitech Touch I2S digital output mod complete! - KevinC 14:03:39 02/06/11 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.