Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

Re: Want to built a 300B PP amp, Kevin please advise

Louis,

The website schematic is not the latest version. I have designed several variants for different individuals who had specific requirements. What you will build depends to a large degree on your budget and specific needs (power, size, etc.).

Basically I have three push-pull filamentary triode (300B, 32B) designs:

monoblock or stereo PP 300B (about 16-25 watts / channel)
monoblock PP parallel 300B (about 50 watts / channel)
monoblock PP 32B (the one with 2A3 drivers) (about 55 watts / channel)

The overall topologies are the same, but there are power supply variations, as needed, to address different tube choices and power levels. I'd be happy to e-mail any schematics you want. I would think twice about using the 32B tubes, though, as they are very expensive and do not ship very well due to the poorly supported plate structure. They're a terrific tube, otherwise.

Having not ever heard the Karna, I can't comment on its sound. The other amps above all sound roughly similar within the constraints of their power ratings. The selection of audio transformer core material makes a much bigger difference than which tube is used. The new amorphous core output and interstages take any of these amps to a level beyond any commercial amplifier I have heard.

I've not heard either the Sowter or the O-Netics transformers, so I can't comment on them. There are Lundahl transformers to fit any of these applications. They will undoubtedly sound different, but better or not is impossible to predict.

It's easy to ship these to you in Hong Kong. If I don't have your choices in stock, it may take a few weeks to get them made and shipped from the factory, otherwise it can happen quickly.

BTW, your English is better than that of many Americans'!

Kevin Carter
K&K Audio
www.kandkaudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.