Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

New DAC kit

Dave Davenport of Raleigh Audio and I have teamed up to bring you a new state-of-the-art DAC kit, called the RAKK DAC. It is based on the new Burr Brown PCM1794 differential current output chip, which we have found to have outstanding sonics when used to reproduce music stored on CDs.

The level of detail recovered and the musical presentation is far better than that from previous generations of DACS. Listening to CDs through this is nothing short of amazing. I was a late adopter of CDs and was never entirely comfortable with the sound, but this implementation of the PCM1794 addresses all of my reservations.

The RAKK DAC kit will really not be a kit per se. The DAC board will come already assembled, because most of the components are surface mount. It is compact, requires only a 12vDC supply, and has no audio output circuitry on-board. The differential current outputs are available at the edge of the board for you to use with our passive transformer output kit (also coming), differential tube output kit (also coming), or your own design. The RAKK DAC board was designed to physically and electrically mate with Guido Tent's excellent 2nd PLL DAC Clock board. It can be used with or without this jitter-reducing device.

The RAKK DAC has digital input connectors (coaxial or XLR) mounted on the PC board as well as Lundahl LL1572 digital transformers for 2 switchable digital inputs.

The RAKK DAC will be available in 3-4 weeks and pricing will be announced shortly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - New DAC kit - KevinC 07:51:43 05/24/04 (35)

You can not post to an archived thread.