Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

Would the LL1621 work for this circuit and is it available?

I was looking for an output trans for a differential 5965 output tube on a phono stage that currently uses .47 uf output caps into a 250k volume control to the line stage. The tube has its cathodes tied together through a 62k resistor into a regulated B- supply. There is also a substantial 50k resistor on each plate on top of the output caps. My interest is to get rid of the output caps and to be able to use a lower value volume control or alternative like TVC/ autoformer or LDR after the stage.

I found the data sheet for this transformer on the Lundahl site and note the high inductance it provides that might be right for this tube. The tube now draws 4ma through the cathode resistor. If there is a slight imbalance then would the PP version of this transformer be able to handle a little bit of current without the need for a blocking cap? The diagram seems to show the transformer acting more as a choke with cap coupling to the next stage. Can the coupling cap be dispensed with? Is this even available in the US?

Thanks,

Chas.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Would the LL1621 work for this circuit and is it available? - ChasLieb 09:10:00 10/14/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.