Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

1671 pp current question

Hey Kevin

Playing with phono again. I decided to throw caution to the wind and deal with riaa variations a bit and interstage the 1st and 2nd tube. I had a pair of 1671 pp and 1660 10ma. I like 6sn7 or the single stage variations, on the 2nd position so the 1660 works there plenty well. In the first position been trying tubes that are lower in ra like 6922 and 5842 etc. I follow the low frequency henry thing. The question I am having is about the pp models say they like 5 ma constant current and you have written that if you increase the this current the voltage swing goes down. Is there a formula for this. For example the 5842 shows a 150 b+ with 24ma. I realize that we are dealing with really small voltage swings in the phono stage.

So my questions are much current can you run through a 1671pp and 1660 10ma.
Also besides the voltage swing lost do you give up anything else by getting to close to core saturation.

As always thanks for the help. Your help and the lundahl iron has brought me countless hours of pure musical enjoyment.

Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - 1671 pp current question - TomWh 13:35:34 12/02/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.