Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Moray James sent me a great tweak I had never heard of -

I made a post in a thread below that I felt I was lacking something in the upper ranges of the FE206E -

Moray James was kind enough to send me an e-mail which I cut and pasted below -

You may have heard of this - I had not - works great - nothing blown up here - I doubt anything will - but you are responsible for your own equipment if you try it and have problems -

In my case, the horns I'm using are open at the back so I just used jumpers instead of switches - the improvement in clarity is more than just noticable - I have done no RTA check or measurements, but if there are any negative effects from this I have been unable to hear them in the listening I have done this afternoon. Many thanks Moray -

Email from Moray James below

Hi Ken: thought you might like to try a simple and interesting experiment with your 206E's. This is compleatly reversable with no damage to anything.

You will need a couple of small three position switches and a bit of wire,long enough for you to position the switches in eaasy access for switching.

The switch needs to be contact one side off the middle and contact the
opposite side. Wire the switch so that on one side the switch connects the positive speaker lead to the speaker chassis and the opposite position of the switch connects the negative speaker lead to the speaker chassis. The best place to make easy contact to the speaker chassis is at the central rivit on the speaker's terminal strip as this is through the chassis itself.
This will allow you to switch in either pos or neg to the speakers top
plate via the chassis connection or to switch the whole thing off. You need to have the ability to switch pos and neg as some amps invert and others do not. The difference is not subtle. Please let me know what you think if you try this idea. I am most impressed with the results with a FE207E which at present is in a Martin J. King designed ML TL cabinet.

Regards Moray James.

Manufacturer
Moray james cables

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Moray James sent me a great tweak I had never heard of - - Triodeuser 14:52:19 08/04/03 (7)

You can not post to an archived thread.