Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

DIYHiFi supply Lux91 Mono Max problems

Dear All,

I think I need some help and have been trying different ways to resolve this. I might add I never get replies from Simon at DIY HiFi supply and find that rather disgraceful given the company took my money in good faith!

Anyhow I've had my Lux91 Mono Max amps for a while, but ever since I had them I've had distortion out of one amp that is not in the other. This same amp has now also started to hum. This issue I am hoping to resolve via help with a 6moons reviewer.

I have of course swapped everything possible in my system and the same issue remains in the same amp. This is a dynamic problem. In that at lower volumes all seems well (or cannot be heard). At higher volumes and for certain music (i.e. this seems to be frequency dependent in some way) the amps start to distort. I add I am not trying to over drive them, the other amp is perfectly fine and for quite a bit higher volumes as well. So something is breaking down but I do not know how to resolve this. Especially with DIY HiFi supply refusing to answer my e-mails

To resolve this issue I have bought power conditioning, screened power supply cables etc. etc. What I think I really need is to find someone who can assess these amps dynamically, across frequency ranges, to find the problem. Can anyone please help with this or advise who might be able to help. The sound of my amps is great when they both work, but something is wrong and I'd appreciate it enormously to finally get this sorted.

Thanks all, happy New Year, Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - DIYHiFi supply Lux91 Mono Max problems - jim.freer 10:47:41 01/05/14 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.