Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Ladyday Mk2 300B SET Level 3 Kit power transformer

Hi all,

For people familiar with this amp:

In the manual, the instructions mentions to connect the HT from the power transformer (the 2 wires = 400Volts) to pin 4 and 6 of the rectifier.

The secondary HT winding on that Transformer doesn't seems to have a center tap to ground. Normaly you would have around 800 volts on pin 4 and 6 of the rectifier and 400 volts from on side on the winding to centertap.

But since it's a topology with one power transformer for 2 distincts circuits for left and right, with one rectifier each side, is this a different situation?

When I mesure the 2 HT wires that goes to the rectifier, I do get 400 volts each pair.

That would be fine, I would assume it's normal, (altought I dont like to assume stuff with a 400 volts connection) except, that
at the testing stage, I'm instructed in the manual to mesure pin 4 and 6 of each rectifiers and expect around 800 volts.

I'm confused. How can I get 800 volts on the rectifier pins, out of a 400 volts connection?

The return to ground for this winding is two diodes in series across the rectifier's pin 4 and 6 , with the center between them grounded to chassis.

I'm sure I got the primary connected correctly.

Thanks

Yves

Edits: 04/21/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Ladyday Mk2 300B SET Level 3 Kit power transformer - ixe13 09:33:47 04/21/11 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.