Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: simple mods of Django tvc

Thanks Thorsten, that simplifies things; I'l bypass the +6dB switch and call it a win.

To allow the S&B's captive trannie leads to reach the selector (without additional add-on wire), I'm going to rotate the transformers themselves about 45 degrees, and laterally offset them from orig positions a bit. That will eliminate any need for adding wiring and shorten/simplify the path btwn selector & trannies.

Since I'm moving them anyway, for that reason --and since I have seen some iterations of tvc's with thick platforms for transformer support-- do you think it's worth installing a rigid support there, beneath trannies, something nonferous but thick & substantial ?

What's the general idea with treating this component... what have you seen for optimal support (either internal or external) that you like ... are we after isolation or coupling ?
Just curious, since the tvc in general isn't discussed as much as other (amps, turntables) gear in this regard.

thanks again, SQ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: simple mods of Django tvc - squiffles 13:42:38 01/12/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.