Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: As always, a very informative reply.

Hi,

> Thankfully, we have some great custom winders over here Oz,
> so transformers should not be a problem. Will certainly give
> this some thought.

Great. Do download the Fusion Manual and read that too, it has more detail on the whole range of implementations.

> Also, are you able to briefly share how the buffer affects the sonics?

To be honest, I have major issues telling if it is in or not, the 300B Fusion Amp, which is so far our only application, unless I turn up the volume past what the 300B Amp handles on it's own.

I think it is the little extra circuit trick described in the whitepaper on page 3 that makes all the difference to conventional buffers, as I have heard a few of these.

I am thinking making the next complete Fusion Amp a Monoblock that can can use either 2A3 or 45 with a DC coupled frontend and permanent Fusion plus 8/16 Ohm outputs.

Or maybe a 45/2A3 Amp with the full bore 160W/8Ohm & 260W/4Ohm Quad Pack of outputs? I think a 260W 45 Amp would be quite a fun thing to have.

Ciao T
Thor

At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to intolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.