Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: The sound of Satch DAC Kit

Hi,

I am one of those who have listened to the Satch in Brian's showroom. I heard it in comparison to the Tentlabs DIY CD player which is the other CDP in the shop. The Satch was using Brian's new CD transport (I forgot the name). I definitely preferred the Satch to the Tentlabs. Firstly, the Satch was more musical. Soundstage seemed deeper and more natural. The Tentlabs soundstage was a little compressed in comparison. Also, the music flowed better with the Satch...it was more liquid/analog sounding. The Tentlabs was drier in comparison. The tone, harmonics and details were very nice through the Satch.
Can't remember whether Brian had the Satch playing thorugh its its Ouput tranformer or opamp though.
Overall, I like the combination of the Satch and Brian's new CD transport very much. We tested them using both the Lux and the LD91+ amps with Brian's Feastrex D5nf speakers. I have the LD91+ and the Feastrex D5nf also in my system. I use the 47 labs Flatfish cd transport with the Zanden 5000 Mk IV DAC (much more expensive combo). I think the Satch will give the Zanden a very close run for its money and I can say this because Brian's system is very close to mine.
Addicted to Tubes

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.