Have not listened to it long enough..running them in..in my computer room ..but boy is this thing silent...amazing. No Hum whatsoever..
The d3a has been made a pseude triode by 2 * 200R resistors on from screen 2 and 3 to plate (I.e. pin 8 and 9 via the resistors to pin7)
I added a humm pot just for good measure. I think I might that that might just be the only part that is superfluous. Also comtemplated adding the dc filter in the the center tap of the toroidal..but it is so quiet..mechanically and electrically that it is not necessary.
Thanks to Thorsten/KYW for the inspiration for this particular design. It is an extract from one of his schematics (the one pictured below
One of T's amps:
The parts were not chosen because I tried out all types of components etc..but merely because I had been saving them all for a 300B project of my own.
To infinity and beyond!!!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Schematic of my version of the LadyDay - Bas Horneman 16:20:52 12/19/05 (14)
- Re: Schematic of my version of the LadyDay - WayneV 07:18:34 12/22/05 (1)
- Re: Schematic of my version of the LadyDay - Thorsten 16:57:15 12/22/05 (0)
- a 2mb windows media file demonstrating the Ladyday's powering - Bas Horneman 03:45:54 12/21/05 (0)
- Re: Schematic of my version of the LadyDay - Thorsten 14:31:15 12/20/05 (8)
- Added 2uF B+/HT is now 440V .nt. - Bas Horneman 02:25:22 01/06/06 (4)
- And? Howzdazound? - Thorsten 03:12:19 01/06/06 (3)
- Dunno...did it at 02:00am...measured voltage - Bas Horneman 05:00:25 01/06/06 (2)
- Okay, now you had time for a listen, like it? - Thorsten 08:28:27 01/07/06 (1)
- Sorry T...since I am busy assembling the Prometheus - Bas Horneman 12:10:53 01/07/06 (0)
- Thanks T. - Bas Horneman 01:47:12 12/21/05 (2)
- Re: Schematic of my version of the LadyDay - rtsang 00:30:47 12/20/05 (1)
- Hallo Raymond..I don't know - Bas Horneman 01:44:12 12/20/05 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.