Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.
Message Sort: Post Order or Asylum Reverse Threaded
Basic Roon + Raspberry Pi Set-up?
|Posted on December 27, 2016 at 20:29:44|
Joined: June 5, 2003
Thinking of setting up Roon Core on an iMac with outputs to systems in different rooms through a another iMac, a Sonore uRendu, and/or a Raspberry Pi but need advice on the set-up.
1) What is a basic Raspberry Pi set-up that:
- has a decent looking case?
- can run Roon Bridge?
- can connect to home network through wifi and ethernet?
- can use a USB port to charge an iPad that is used to control Roon?
- can output audio through USB at least at 192/24, preferably 384/32?
2) Would it be difficult to add SPDIF and/or TosLink output to the above?
3) Is there a similarly priced, comparable quality alternative?
If possible, provide links to websites where I can buy the necessary components.
|RE: Basic Roon + Raspberry Pi Set-up?, posted on December 30, 2016 at 23:10:19|
Joined: October 15, 2009
|Sounds like you are needlessly adding layers of complexity and cost. Just get this and Volumio. You can access your music shared out on the network using wifi or Ethernet. You can use the USB port to charge an I-Pad or any other of the thousands of devices with web browsers. I just use my phone for maximum convenience.|
|RE: Basic Roon + Raspberry Pi Set-up?, posted on December 31, 2016 at 09:33:29|
Joined: June 16, 2016
I think what you are asking for is perfectly reasonable and not at all complicated.
This configuration of HiFiBerry hardware should work great as a Roon endpoint.
There is also a link in the Downloads section of the HiFiBerry site that contains the Roon client and installation instructions.