|'); } // End -->|
Here's the latest from the publisher for all you folks that ordered this book over a year ago through eBay:
here are the updated Facts:
-the book - Living Stereo, english edition - ISBN-3-9809873-0-2 is forwarded for shipment to all 110 subscribers - since weeks now.
-the book is send as bulk Info-mail via German Postal service.
-there is NO individual registration or shipping receipt.
-we got the information - different from the initial info that the shipping willtake up to 7 weeks - that the bulk shipment may take up to 90 days to reach the addressee. The reason is, that the Mailing Service will wait until they do have the number of sending for each country which qualifies for the maximum discount. Then everything is shipped in - thats why they name it that way - "bulk".
- It would have been a huge difference in shipping costs for us to have each book send with standard mail - US$24.00 vs. US$4.80.
- we will NOT send any new orders of the book off before we have received the first emails that subscribers have received their samples - we stand for our word, that the subscribers receive the book first.
- However: - if you did not receive your sample(s) by December 10th 2004, please do send an email and we will get a sample on its way to you by airmail the very day. I want to make sure, that every subscriber has his/hers sample of the book before christmas.
- the offical publishing and sale will NOT start, before the first
subscribers have their sample.
- the above given ISBN-# should confirm - even to the most suspicious
minds - that the book is for real. At least in Germany you don't get an ISBN-# in the lottery. Please keep us updated upon receipt and - in case you haven't received your book by December 10th - please notify us ASAP.
I take it your greedy friend is looking for a fresh batch of gullible audiophiles? He got my $120 over a year and a half ago.
There is no book - never has been.
I paid for the book a year and a half ago too. Every 3 -4 months I remind Schafner how they still did not deliver as promised.
Believe me, this is not a "friend" of mine, have no idea where you are coming from with that.
Just posted the latest I got from the supposed publisher.
That's not a valid ISBN number. If the first nine numbers of an ISBN number are multiplied by the last number (which is called the check digit) and then the last number is added the total has to be able to be divided by 11 without a remainder.
I've been ripped off by "Axinia" on the Living Stereo book as well as dozens of other folks on ebay. I've posted negative feedback and have been contacted by 2 other people who have been scammed by Kasugi(also Acoustical-Systems) on ebay. Don't count on seeing your book soon. I've been hearing promises for almost 19 months now. I've asked for my money back- no response. "Axinia" is also scamming buyers with an Audion Tube book, also still selling on ebay- but not published yet. Caveat Emptor!!!
I didn't order the book. I just know how to read ISBN numbers.
The only part of making up an ISBN they got right is the first digit (3) which is Germany, the second group of numbers should identify the publisher, the third group should identify the title of the book, which you'll notice is 0 which means no title and from what I've read about this supposed book that part may be true too:), and the last number, like I previously said, is the check digit to do the math to see if it's a valid number.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors: