Tweakers' Asylum: Thoughts on mixing caps by BobM
Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
|For Sale Ads|
In Reply to: As long as we are talking caps. posted by Michael Samra on July 27, 2012 at 00:29:09:
The tweeter crossover in my Apogee Caliper speakers use 7 x 10uF caps in parallel. They are old Sprague caps and need to be replaced after about 25 years of use.
I planned on using a mix of Auricaps and Sonicaps in there, figuring I could get the best of both. Or am I deluding myself and going to get the worst of both?
What are your thoughts about mixing caps in a speaker crossover like this?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - As long as we are talking caps. - Michael Samra 00:29:09 07/27/12 ( 10)
- What do you recomend for tweeters? - Sccholl 05:57:20 08/19/12 ( 0)
RE: As long as we are talking caps. - Palustris 09:44:48 08/4/12 ( 0)
Thoughts on mixing caps - BobM 07/31/12 06:07:40 07/31/12 ( 1)
- My thoughts on mixing caps - madisonears 17:39:38 07/31/12 ( 0)
PIO Cap - KIS 23:01:55 07/27/12 ( 5)
- RE: PIO Cap - Michael Samra 18:06:35 07/28/12 ( 4)
- So the 200v is not a DC rating? - John PA 19:11:03 07/28/12 ( 3)
- It is a rating but being its a military teflon cap - Michael Samra 19:53:11 07/29/12 ( 2)
- RE: It is a rating but being its a military teflon cap - KIS 08:57:31 07/30/12 ( 1)
- RE: It is a rating but being its a military teflon cap - wheezer 22:59:48 08/24/12 ( 0)