Computer Audio Asylum: RE: iPad and external DACs by Gordon Rankin
Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.
|For Sale Ads|
In Reply to: iPad and external DACs posted by soundchekk on August 17, 2012 at 01:57:52:
In the enumeration process the connecting unit tells the host computer how much current it draws. So not matter what you are doing the problem will exist because the iPad is seeing that the device draws X amount of current and if X > max limit then the iPad sends the shut down command and ignores the connection.
The only way is to put a smart powered hub in front of it so the iPad see's that the unit is not drawing any current directly.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - iPad and external DACs - soundchekk 01:57:52 08/17/12 ( 29)
- RE: iPad and external DACs - soundchekk 08:01:11 08/18/12 ( 1)
- RE: iPad and external DACs - soundchekk 03:22:57 08/27/12 ( 0)
it was deliberate - Joe Murphy Jr 11:06:50 08/17/12 ( 11)
- RE: it was deliberate - of course it was....Apple looks out for Apple first and foremost - Dynobot 12:36:06 08/17/12 ( 10)
- Thanks for the revelation - bwb 15:22:25 08/17/12 ( 9)
- Wrong - Dynobot 15:32:35 08/17/12 ( 8)
- Really? - bwb 17:25:07 08/17/12 ( 7)
- It is what it is - Dynobot 17:59:52 08/17/12 ( 6)
- twist my words, add words into my mouth...... - fmak 11:30:44 08/18/12 ( 5)
I imagine it's not too convenient to use iPad as a hammer, either. - carcass93 09:06:16 08/17/12 ( 1)
- RE: I imagine it's not too convenient to use iPad as a hammer, either. - Daverz 19:15:27 08/17/12 ( 0)
RE: iPad and external DACs - Gordon Rankin 08/17/12 08:46:59 08/17/12 ( 3) RE: iPad and external DACs - AbeCollins 07:55:08 08/17/12 ( 8) RE: iPad and external DACs - Old Listener 09:30:38 08/18/12 ( 1)
- RE: iPad and external DACs - AbeCollins 10:42:28 08/20/12 ( 0)
cars and home setups - Joe Murphy Jr 10:40:44 08/17/12 ( 2) RE: iPad and external DACs - Dawnrazor 09:14:26 08/17/12 ( 0)